Videos are trending everywhere, and we know videos help bring the right amount of attention if posted on social media platforms but have you ever wondered whether the video content could get traffic to your website?
Videos give marketers, creators, and business owners the chance to connect emotionally with audiences by visually grabbing their attention, which increases brand engagement, website traffic, leads, and sales.
Videos also help with SEO, as they are more likely to show up in search engine results pages (SERPs) than text-based web pages. Research shows that adding a video to your website can increase your organic traffic by up to 157%.
It is not easy to draw traffic just by creating an engaging video using SEO. Incorporating a few important factors and strategies while using video SEO is important. We have covered those factors and strategies in this article.
Things we will cover:
- Why Video SEO For Your Website?
- 5 Tips To Drive Traffic To Your Website With Video SEO
- Grab Attention With Videos
Why Video SEO For Your Website?
Several factors make video SEO crucial, including:
- It helps in your videos’ improved positioning for relevant keywords in search engine results, and you generate more views with higher rankings
- It can help you attract more leads, as individuals are more likely to click on videos that appear as results on SERPs
- Videos also help to keep visitors engaged on your website for a longer period, leading to better search engine rankings and more conversions views are generated with higher rankings
- Search engine-friendly videos draw more views and aid in promoting your business. More people visit your website
- Video SEO passively controls metrics for video engagement; compared to a video that is unranked on your website, videos that are optimized draw more users and, as a result, receive more likes, comments, and shares.
- People engage more with the content on your website if you have a video explaining your products/services, and you can connect with online audiences on a more personal level
5 Tips to Drive Traffic To Your Website With Video SEO
If a video is done correctly, it can be a powerful marketing tool that helps build trust and credibility with potential customers in the long term. All the below tips are free to incorporate into your strategy.
Upload Videos to Your Website
Adding videos to your website is one of the easiest ways to improve your website’s SEO. Make sure you upload videos in an easily accessible location on your website and add clear and concise titles and descriptions.
Embed Videos on Your Website
Embedding videos on your website is another great way to improve your website’s SEO. When you embed a video on your website, you are adding additional content that can help improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
You can also embed them in the blog posts to make them appear in the search result.
Optimize Your Videos for Search Engines
Ensure you optimize your videos for search engines by adding relevant keywords and descriptions. You can also help to improve website engagement metrics, such as time on site and pages per visit, which can affect your website’s ranking in SERPs.
You can also create a list of relevant keywords to target the customer’s searches. For keywords, you can use Google Suggest. Type in a keyword and a list of suggested keywords will appear.
Share Your Videos on Social Media
Make sure you share your videos on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to help get them in front of more people. Also, use social media hashtags to increase the reach of your videos.
Especially, use YouTube for improved results, as it has the highest number of recorded viewers every day. Here’s what you can do:
- If you have not already, make a YouTube page for your business
- You can add the details of your website there when you create your page; you can add a link to your website under each video
- Your video should have great visuals, and thankfully we have free online video editing websites to ease out editing videos; video creation takes up to 30%, while video editing takes up to 70% of the entire work because it improves the video flow and makes the audience feel connected
- Edit Videos to remove errors and enhance the content and style
- Post your YouTube videos on other social media platforms; you may already know Facebook does not like this, so you can upload your video directly to your personal or business page
- Provide a link to your website in the comment box or the description
If you can edit your website, you can create a page for it called “How-To Videos” or just “Videos,” where you can place all of your videos.
Create a mailing list. By delivering weekly email blasts to individuals who have subscribed to your email blast, you may effectively increase traffic to your website and your videos.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to include a call to action (CTA) in or beneath each video you produce. By doing so, you would encourage people to visit your website to learn more.
Grab Attention with Videos
So how do you create videos that get attention and generate website traffic? Here are three tips:
Choose the Right Platform
We cannot draw equal experience from all video hosting platforms. Some platforms, such as YouTube, are better for SEO and getting traffic to your website. Others, such as Facebook, are better at creating and engaging with a community around your brand.
Choose the platform that will help you achieve your goals.
Create an Interesting Headline
Your headline is the first thing people will see when they come across your video. Make sure it is interesting and exciting enough to make them want to watch the video.
Write a Catchy Description
For more details, people view the description of the video, be it on the Instagram caption or YouTube description. Mention the points of how the video has something that is not found in other similar types of videos.
The first few visible texts must compel your audience to click more to read the complete description.
If you don’t provide your viewers with what they want, your video creation strategy will fail miserably. The goal of making a video is to produce engaging content that will make viewers want to watch more of it, not to boost website traffic or engagement rates.
You will automatically attract more of the audience if your former strategy is more effective than the latter.
Even though the results could appear slow at first, if you include video content in your content strategy, the long-term benefits will be substantial. Optimizing videos is done right when you solve your audiences’ pain points.